Direct Energy is one of North America’s largest retail providers of electricity, natural gas, and home and business energy-related services with over four million customers. Direct Energy gives customers choice, simplicity, and innovation where energy, data, and technology meet. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), an international energy and services company, Direct Energy, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, operate in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and eight provinces in Canada.
- Responsible for gross margin certainty, portfolio optimization, risk management, margin planning and forward/cash P&L along with the associated analytics
- Accurate monthly forecasts and P&L/exposure reports providing financial commentary around the drivers of P&L and forecast changes
- Ensure the portfolio is modelled and forecasted accurately through models, valuations, validations, system checks and timely decisions to improve things
- This role will work with NAH portfolio optimization group, Trading, Front Office, Mid Office, IT, Operations, Finance and commercial and will require a well balanced technical and commercial skillset. Strong commercial, analytical, technical and communication experience and skills are needed at this role to ensure portfolio is modelled and managed accurately
- Ensure risks are mitigated through active management of exposures and decision making covering all ISOs and gas markets including but not limited to: ERCOT, PJM NYISO, NEISO, MISO, Ohio Gas, New England Gas etc.
- Ensure portfolio is optimized through time sensitive economic decisions
- Accountable for accuracy of inputs and process that drive P&L reporting
- Monitor and communicate to management key risk exposures tied to the US Energy Portfolio
- Ensuring all data to support hedging and pricing decisions is available, complete and accurate
- Ensuring data integrity and that all products are structured accurately for risk management purposes
- Work with IT to simplify and streamlining of forecasting processes
- Work with Operations to understand processes and ensure minimal margin erosion
- Work in conjunction with portfolio, pricing, commercial and sales teams to keep abreast of growth initiatives, new products and help improve processes and execution
- Ability to define and follow portfolio optimization, hedging and data management strategies and get leadership and organizational buy in
- Strong business and financial acumen (including advanced quantitative and analytical skillsets)
- Strong VBA and SQL skills along with experience in programming languages
- Solid experience with trading and forecasting systems including but not limited to OpenLink Endur, Allegro and in-house systems
- Solid hands on experience in retail and wholesale electricity and gas markets across US regions (ERCOT, PJM, NYISO, NEISO)
- Demonstrated track record of achievement and commercial aptitude
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer – EOE/AA/Veterans/Disabled.
Centrica is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination of your request for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.