Associate, Commodities Sales
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
An exciting opportunity arises in Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong.
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Develop a thorough appreciation of each allocated customer's business, and understanding of their potential needs for Financial Markets products, through regular liaison with Relationship Managers for each customer (e.g. Corporate, GAM, IBG), as well as through direct contract with the customer
- Establish and maintain a constructive relationship with the decision maker(s) for Financial Markets products for each allocated customer, through regular calling, visits, etc., with the objective that the customer always calls SCB when in need of products we are able to supply
- Respond speedily and positively to all requests from customers for a specific transaction, or for more general advice, or introduction to a more appropriate contact within the bank, whether or not the request is from the specially allocated group of customers
- Liaise with product traders to analyse the acceptance ratio for quotations provided to each customer, alongside feedback from the customer concerning competing quotations accepted in preference to SCB's, in order that the traders may factor this information into their pricing decisions
- Liaise with Operations concerning customer feedback received on service delivery quality, in order to seek improvements in service delivery where viewed as necessary from the customer's perspective
- Liaise with relationship managers and product specialists in other regions in which particular customers are active, in order to exchange information on the customer, to introduce the customer to other SCB products, and to contribute generally to the relevant regional or global customer database
- Monitor the utilisaton of each customer's trading limits with the bank, obtain specific approval for any excess likely to arise as a result of a particular transaction, and alert the principal ARM if it appears that a higher limit would lead to additional profitable business in Treasury products
- Assist as requested with the training of less experienced colleagues
- Money Laundering Prevention - Comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Business Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager
Our Ideal Candidate
- University graduate with solid experience in financial market
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; proficiency in Cantonese and Mandarin would be an advantage
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Well-versed with SFC & HKMA rules and regulations and extensive experience in dealing with regulatory authorities
- Well organized, good team work and result-oriented with strong initiative and drive to succeed
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.