Bunge Limited (www.bunge.com, NYSE: BG) is a leading global agribusiness and food company operating in over 40 countries with approximately 32,000 employees. Bunge buys, sells, stores and transports oilseeds and grains to serve customers worldwide; processes oilseeds to make protein meal for animal feed; produces edible oil products for consumers and commercial customers in the food processing, industrial and artisanal bakery, confectionery, human nutrition and food service categories; produces sugar and ethanol from sugarcane; mills wheat, corn and rice to make ingredients used by food companies; and sells fertilizer in South America. Founded in 1818, the company is headquartered in White Plains, New York.
This position will be responsible for leading the Bunge Product Lines Global Controlling function (which includes the Global Distribution Product Line (DPL), Freight Product Line (FPL), GOPL, and Bunge Chicago (BCI)….collectively “Product Lines”) This position will be an effective business partner across the functional, business, and commercial groups by providing value-added financial reporting and internal solutions necessary to meet the Product Lines strategic objectives. This position will also ensure that all reporting meets local statutory, US GAAP, and SEC financial reporting requirements, while maintaining a strong control environment in compliance with both SOX and internal policies and procedures.
- Overseeing all areas of Bunge’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial processes for the Product Lines, including reviews of key deliverables performed by BBS and local/country reporting teams (e.g. MtM calculations, comparisons v traders’ estimates, variance analyses, GL to HFM reconciliations, etc.).
- Owning the overall quality and integrity of financial statements and related SEC/SFAS reporting packages, for both group reporting (HFM), and for local statutory reporting purposes.
- Ultimate sign-off on audit letters of representations and annual financial statements.
- Improving and standardizing reporting activities across the Product Lines including:
- Supervising the effective and controlled transition of reporting tasks from existing country-led teams to the BBS organization in a standardized manner, including systems transitions, process design, etc.
- Deploying best practices and driving other continuous improvement initiatives across the region (daily P&L, LIM, intercompany mirroring, etc.).
- Developing and delivering periodic training events to Product Line and BBS personnel.
- Presenting regional financial performance and position to Product Line regional and global leadership, together with insightful analyses thereon.
SOX, Internal Control and Audit
- Overall accountability for the design and operating effectiveness of SOX compliant controls and related processes across the Product Lines:
- Developing and deploying best in class SOX documentation for financial close related controls.
- Ensuring that Bunge’s management testing program is completed to a high quality, each year.
- Coordinating and monitoring action plan/control-deficiency resolution programs across the region.
- Training and developing both Finance and non-Finance staff on COSO and SOX requirements, as well as good corporate stewardship practices.
- Cascading BG policies governing how assets are safeguarded and records are maintained.
- Managing relationships with Global Internal Audit at a Product Line level:
- Reviewing audit reports prior to issuance and providing timely feedback regarding potential internal controls issues therein.
- Monitoring remediation efforts in response to audit findings.
- Liaising with external auditors to monitor the overall audit process, address audit requests in a timely, efficient and consistent manner, and ensure that any findings are adequately addressed to mitigate any risk.
- Strategy/Competitiveness/Business Support
- Partnering with Business Process, Commercial, Operational and IT teams to provide business reporting solutions to facilitate optimal analyses and decision-making necessary to maximize results:
- Ensuring that our business systems provide timely and accurate commodity and price risk exposures
- Providing timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis of business results, including smart spending analyses.
- Participating in the business planning and forecasting process to launch and maintain a zero-based-budget across the market, as well as helping to ensure that financial projections are properly reported and in line with global, regional, segment and market requirements.
- Overseeing and reviewing financial due diligence activities, and supporting Product Lines Business Development teams with expansion/growth projects.
- Researching and accurately concluding on technical accounting issues related to strategic transactions, including major capex, business combinations, financial instruments and other complex areas.
- Helping develop a strong global Controlling organization, with solid bench strength, that is trained and equipped with the appropriate skills and competencies to achieve high performance in our financial reporting, control, and business partnering roles in Controlling.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Strong technical expertise and experience working in controlling, US GAAP and SEC financial reporting roles; U.S. multinational experience desired (strong knowledge of US GAAP, SOX, SEC requirements).
- Leadership experience gained coaching, developing and mentoring cross-cultural teams
- Experience and desire to work across multiple cultures and cross functional business environments.
- Excellent communication, analytical and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization.
- Flexibility to prioritize multiple responsibilities and activities in high pressure situations.
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and work independently; proactive towards problems and issues.
- Degree in Finance / Economics. Qualified accountant or equivalent (ACCA, CPA, etc.) is a plus
- 10+ years in progressive leadership roles across controlling and / or finance with an agricultural commodity or food ingredient business experience preferred.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to travel (~25%).
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled