- To monetize derivative client flow via the sales desk, to price it competitively and to monetize client value as efficiently as possible.
- To use liquidity from client flow to proficiently maximize revenue.
- Appropriately sizes, understands and manages risk in the portfolio commercially.
- Take into consideration, risk, credit costs and the competitive environment when pricing.
- Partner with other trading desks to reach the best commercial pricing decision on cross commodity products.
- Cover a full range of Refined Products and Crude as required.
- Carry out Trading Research such as Supply and Demand Balances and other fundamental data.
Specific Experience and Skills Required:
- Managing client risk in order to minimize and capture client value efficiently.
- Proactively runs risk with educated views on underlying markets in order to create added value from that client flow.
- Understanding credit implications of all activities.
- Distils complex ideas or structures into meaningful communications.
- Enhances reputation of firm through expertise, professionalism and maturity in verbal and written communications.
- Drives the effective working of the team through strong communication and involvement of all team members.
- Shares experiences and best practices to deliver business objectives.
- Builds and leverages partnerships to deliver the whole firm to clients.
- Understands client needs and Sales requests.
Desirable Skills, Experience or Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate should have: the ability to work well under pressure, with a number of people of different nationalities and personalities; and a high degree of initiative, drive and commitment, have commercial ability, a methodical approach to problem solving, have experience in dealing extensively with numerous clients, a high level of numeracy and a discipline approach to risk management.