POSITION TITLE: Cocoa Trader
REPORTING TO: Sourcing Director
About the role:
Cocoa Derivatives and Products trader with industry relationships. Manage strategic sourcing & hedging activities for cocoa, beans, and products for North American Cocoa Sourcing organization.
- Coordinate cocoa butter and liquor purchase with suppliers in West Africa, Asia, and South America
- Develop long term relationships with suppliers
- Execute and manage to hedge on the cocoa exchange within authorized risk limits
- Partner with sales, pricing, planning, and logistics to align on inter-departmental activities.
- Manage the identification and implementation of RM strategies to support North American purchase and sales activity.
- Manage cocoa butter sales to large third-party customers.
- Record activity in purchasing system and SAP related to trading and other department activity.
- Work closely with Finance risk management on position management activities/actions taken.
- Maintain bid sheet and communicate activity to Cocoa Sourcing team.
- Support Cocoa/Cocoa Products sourcing and logistics functions as necessary.
- Maintain a high level of current cocoa market information to support trading and sales activity.
- Lead weekly future/physical/informational trading discussion activity.
- Create and manage to report as required.
- Bachelors degree required
- Master degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years commodity and derivative trading experience required, experience in cocoa preferred.
- Excellent strategic thinking and negotiating skills
- Strong knowledge of Windows applications (Excel, Access) a must and knowledge in SAP preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills