As part of the NA Home Portfolio Management team, the Commercial Forecasting Analyst will be responsible for risk management, gross margin planning, P&L reporting (forwards and cash), PPA (prior period adjustment) explanation and root cause analysis, as well as associated gross margin analytics. The role will mainly focus on the US North power and gas markets. The candidate will be responsible for developing accurate monthly margin forecasts, providing financial commentary around the drivers of P&L, and ensuring the integrity of the data that is in the risk system. This is done by working with Finance, Supply and Trading, Pricing, Accounting, Operations, and Forecasting groups to ensure minimal margin erosion, accurate data, best practices, and effective strategy
The Analyst will be accountable for the following activities:
- Monitor and communicate key risk exposures for the power and gas portfolios
- Cash and forward P&L performance, including P&L explain
- Accountable for accuracy of inputs and process that drive P&L reporting
- Forecasting and analyzing movements in gross margin, including the explanation of variances to Plan in both our forward and actualized gross margin
- Providing revenue and gross margin estimates to business
- Ensuring all products are structured accurately for risk management purposes
- Ensuring all data to support hedging and pricing decisions is available, complete and accurate
- Assessing the performance of book relative to our as-priced and booked views
- Supporting the development and delivery of new products
Skills & Qualifications:
- Prior experience in risk management, quantitative analysis, energy trading, structuring or IT a definite asset
- 3+ years of experience in retail and wholesale energy markets
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, engineering or mathematics. A degree in another analytical field of study would be considered.
- Experience and understanding of physical and financial energy markets, option theory and portfolio management
- Experience and understanding of risk exposures, PnL and performance reporting, quantitative and analytical skills and experience building financial models and reports
- Previous experience with ETRM systems (Endur specifically), project requirement gathering, documentation, system implementations and reporting tools a plus
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint (SQL, VBA is a plus)
- Strict attention to detail and accuracy
- Passion for creative problem solving and pride of ownership
- Sense of urgency and proven capability to work within short deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build relationships across an organization
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to process information from a variety of sources, understand key insights, develop well thought out commercial recommendations and communicate effectively
- Ability to engage a team
- An effective communicator with strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer – EOE/AA/Veterans/Disabled.
Centrica is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email email@example.com. We will make a determination of your request for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.