In this role you will provide support for the Commodities business in London, working closely with Sales, Trading and Clients to resolve queries and issues related to trade booking, reconciliation breaks, confirmations, settlements, as well as maintaining reference data and monitoring exception reportsYou will be involved with key steps in the trade life cycle, working closely with other infrastructure areas such as Listed Operations, Technology, Finance, Legal and Compliance. The range of commodity products covered includes precious metals, freight, European power & gas, coal and oil. Most of activity is financial (i.e. swaps, options and futures), although physical spot and forwards in precious metals (i.e. gold, silver) and emissions are traded.
- As a member Commodities TSG you will be working closely with the Front Office to provide the first level of control for the Commodities Trading desks.
- You will be ensuring that all listed trades are booked as intended by checking the exchange system verses internal MS systems
- You will be the intermediary between the Trading desk and other areas of the Bank. Controllers, Settlements and Confirmations areas will come to you to discuss and resolve issues to ensure that breaks are resolved effectively.
- You will be responsible for ensuring current controls are enforced, liaising with IT and Projects Groups to initiate new controls and build STP to improve the firms infrastructure to increase both efficiency and control as you see fit to protect our franchise.
- You are able to handle multiple work streams and prioritize effectively.
- * You show dedication to learn from experience and mistakes; actively seek out feedback and adjust behavior accordingly.
- * You can identify the right levels of control and measures required, building a strong yet flexible workflow.
- * You actively ensure existence of mitigating controls and take personal responsibility for enhancing processes.
- * You combine clear and appropriate escalation with suggestions on appropriate risk reduction strategies.
- * You consistently exceed expectations and respond actively and positively to changing circumstances.
- Experience in Commodities or Listed derivatives is a benefit