Our client, a commodities trading house, is looking for a Risk Analyst to join their team based in London.You will be responsible for ensuring the effective risk control of trading activities by providing accurate and timely market risk and performance information.
- Provide detailed analysis of risk measures, position, P&L and trading strategies for traders, Finance and senior management.
- Prepare position, risk and P&L reports for the desks’ trading books on a daily and monthly basis.
- Undertake risk measurement and limit checking, including VaR, stress testing and validation of input parameters used by pricing and risk measurement models.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Degree level or equivalent, preferably in the field of Economics, Maths, Science, or closely related.
- Working experience in energy business/ energy trading environment.
- Preferably working experience in the LNG business
- Understanding of commodity trading, trading lifecycle, physical asset trading instruments and/or financial asset trading instruments.
- Proven experience of modelling, option theory, Monte-Carlo simulation techniques, Greeks, pricing models, stress testing, VaR concepts. Very good numerical ability.
For more information please contact Alice at Marlin Selection or apply below.