Our client, an International Commodity Trading Company, are currently seeking an experienced qualified Accountant to join the London City Office. Experience within the Base or Precious Metals sector would be advantageous. The role offers a very broad remit of responsibilities, working in a small team of 3 qualified Accountants reporting directly to the Financial Controller.
Position Title: Management Accountant
Business Unit - Base and Precious Metals
Position Reports To: Financial Controller
Location: London City, UK
The Management Accountant provides accounting for the group companies which are prepared in London office under the supervision of the Financial Controller.
Knowledge and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline.
· Member of one of the professional accounting bodies.
· 2+ years of progressive controlling / planning / finance / accounting
· Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
· Working knowledge with international regulations, laws on accounting and taxation.
· Experience of SAP and Tableau considered advantageous and strong Excel skills required.
Financial Accounting, Reporting & Planning:
Accounting and Reporting
· Prepare and analyze daily trading profit/loss reports.
· Prepare daily broker reconciliations.
· Prepare and post journal entries using SAP.
· Complete monthly journals reclassifying trade debtors and creditors, finance changes and committed inventory and bank balances.
· Reconcile all balance sheet accounts.
· Prepare and submit legal entity group reporting in Condor for consolidation purposes.
· Prepare the overall monthly management accounts package in a timely and accurate manner, which includes trading analysis of the trading profit/loss, reconciliation of earnings before tax and review of expenses including travel and entertaining analysis.
· Prepare fixed assets schedule and agree back to general ledger.
· Prepare debtors and creditors analysis.
· Prepare and submit year-end Notes package for consolidation purposes.
· Liaise with the external auditors during the year-end group reporting process.
· Involvement in preparation of the statutory accounts.
· Prepare tax returns, analyse VAT (UK and foreign equivalents) and provide cost summary analysis for corporation tax purposes.
· Assist in tax-related inquiries.
· Assist in cash management, e.g. management of foreign exposures, in accordance with Corporate policies and procedures.
· Respond to inquiries from Treasury regarding cash flow and liquidity.
Forecasts and Budgets
· Preparation of the monthly forecasting for the revenue streams and expenses.
· Preparation of the annual budget.
· Preparation of weekly cash flow forecasting.
· Ensure that a robust system of internal controls exists in order to satisfy internal, year-end, Financial Reporting Compliance (FRS) audits and FSA regulations.
· Ensure that guidelines are properly implemented and that requirements are fulfilled.