Commodity Analyst-REG01844Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
This position is responsible to prepare timely and accurate finance risk reports (ie. foreign exchange position reports (Fx), commodities position reports (Long & short) and CFTC reports all in accordance with policies and requirements from CRC (Commodity Risk Committee), FRC (Financial Risk Committee), Futures CoE and External regulators. This individual will also be, responsible to prepare other supporting reports (medium to high complexity) to the Commercial, RMS and Management teams. The individual in this position should drive improvements in the reports and controls, always aiming better accuracy, more timeliness and being more cost effective. In order to achieve this, the data base and tool for consolidation and exchange of information amongst regions and team must be developed.
In collaboration with the Forex and Commodity Process Consultant and Decision Support team, the person in this position will also assist RMS and traders in tracking daily results by providing the key P&L information correlated to the cash and flat price positions.
60% Process Optimization and Technology Driven Decision Making
- Collaborate with financial risk manager to implement improvements in the controls;
- Identify and implement together the risk manager process simplification, standardization and improvement; aiming for increased timeliness and accuracy of information and cost efficiency.
40% Commodity and Foreign Exchange Positions Reporting / Monitoring
- Validate, analyze and provide timely and accurate data of commodity and foreign exchange reports that are distributed to the multiple Senior stakeholders involved, including trading team, the commercial team, other Finance functions.
- Prepare and validate the CFTC reports and ensure compliance with requirements from the Future exchange regulators;
- Conduct analysis on trade-related risks (of medium to high complexity) and partner with Sr Traders and other relevant functions teams to identify, analyze, and include relevant risks on the position report.
- Perform the Month End reconciliation of volume in the accounting inventory valuation report versus the Position report and make necessary adjustments in the L&S, timely
- Perform the Month End reconciliation of balance sheet and off-balance transactions versus the Fx position report in order to make necessary adjustments, timely;
- Reconcile between Senior traders, brokers and systems, including revaluing positions to current market prices (mark-to-market) and analyzing past due contracts.
- Manage timely market price curve calculations and validate trader’s curves. Ensure appropriate market data (prices, volatilities, spreads, basis, etc) are received from sources and validated.
- Ensure compliance, specifically with risk reporting and approved limits of exposure;
- Provide key P&L information correlated to the cash and flat price positions for traders to track P&L daily;
- Partner with trading in providing explanations of forex events impacting the business P&L;
- Ensure an effective communication with key stakeholder as Trading area, other countries, CRC and Finance COEs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Engineering, Economics
- 2 years of experience
- Advanced Excel
- Data Base Management
- Programming Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Futures Markets
- Demonstrated change agility
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate, influence and build trust across multiple stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated ability to understand and use technology to improve process and control
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Bilingual English - Spanish
- Experience working with commodity futures
- Experience in commodity trading business
- Understanding and experience working with JDE, FTS and SAP – BO
Primary Location Region - Latin America
Other Locations Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Colombia, Honduras, Guatemala
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job