Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Employee Referral Posting - S&T - Crude Trader located in Houston , TX Texas / United States through April 16, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 400863
The Crude Trader in Crude Supply and Trading (CSAT) is responsible for all supply, system optimization, and trading for profit for all major grades of crude oil. CSAT secures the best prices for selling Chevron’s upstream production and for purchasing crudes used by our refineries. Traders are responsible for creating value by monitoring, analyzing and acting in their assigned market/region to monetize commodities around Chevron assets and third-party opportunities. Traders also work closely with Chevron Shipping Company, Chevron Pipe Line Company and third parties to transport crudes for customers around the world including Chevron's Americas Products and International Products organizations.
Key responsibilities for Traders include:
- Develop and execute strategies to monetize and ensure optimal flow of respective commodity
- Leverage business development colleagues, external relationships and market intelligence to execute spot and term trades and maximize netback realizations for the company
- Maintain rapid-turnaround, shorter term tools to support daily position taking and deal valuation
- Create and implement contingency plans to assure flow of production through logistics and commercial agreements
- Enhance earnings through third-party trading
- Maintain essential knowledge of infrastructure for commodity markets, both onshore and offshore
- Support delivery of annual business plan target for the region
- Monitor deal profitability and manage risk (e.g. pricing, logistics, royalties) and adhere to all trading procedures and controls
- Engage with industry experts and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Collaborate with regional trading teams to understand and trade based on global supply and demand
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of trading and/or origination experience
- 5+ years of crude commodity and/or markets experience
- Flexibility and availability to execute 24/7 trading activities
- Understands trading and market fundamentals including refining value, spreads, arbs, and risk management
- Understands commodity risk/reward concepts and evaluation techniques
- Knowledge of trading compliance, counterparty risk and credit risk
- Understands deal economics around pipeline and waterborne trading, global arb trading and market structure (contango/backwardation)
- Strong analytical skills and understand technical charting analysis
- Self-Motivated with strong entrepreneurial Spirit
- Demonstrated capability to commit to continuous improvements with proven results
- Team player and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Firm understanding of risk management
- Excellent communication skills
- Digital mindset and innovative thinker
- Desire to grow in the trading organization
- Believe in getting results the right way
- Occasional Travel may be required.
- Master’s degree in business or finance
- Experience using Right Angle and/or Endur applications
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.