The jobholder is the main contact with counter parties for the execution of contracts for the Total Group's domestic and international trading activity in North America, South America and the Caribbean.
Statistical data for the company (2015):
- 12,741 commercial transactions (spot & term)
- 719,700,000 barrels conveyed
- 11,753,000 barrels storage capacity under lease
- 17,123 settlements
- Department - Houston: 19 Operators/Assts. / 3 Demurrage Analysts /1 Midstream Projects/Loss Control - Calgary: 2 Operators
- Responsible for daily coordination and scheduling of Crude Oil whether by vessel, barge, pipeline, stock or paper transfer covering the Groups trading and marketing supply activity in the Americas and the Caribbean.
- Actualize and update trading data in the risk management system on a continual basis.
- Settle trade related invoices and on a timely basis to optimize cash flow while adhering to contractual due dates.
- Interface with Middle Office and Accounting Departments to ensure the accuracy of data reported in the risk management system.
- Within the framework of internal procedures, draft and send commercial contracts and confirmations, ensuring data consistency.
- Evaluate/estimate and record all costs derived from a transaction in the risk mgmt. sys. & communicate all operational data having a financial impact on the trading results on a timely basis (pricing pivots, inspection, freight, demurrage, storage, blending, etc.).
- Interface with and control 3rd party storage terminals regarding companies inventory movements. Reconcile end of month terminal reports with internal inventory position recording monthly inventory gains and losses. Act as a product steward safeguarding company assets at 3rd party terminals.
- Spot charter inland barges on an as directed basis while ensuring compliance with Group vetting and safety guidelines.
- Supply and maintain all required documentation in compliance with internal procedures and governmental regulations, such as EPA, CBP, US Treasury, Sarbox, etc.
- Confirm to Credit when required security is needed for transactions prior to scheduling of product.
- Contract administration implies a good working knowledge of legal, financial and operational terms governing transactions
- Jobholder is expected to exercise measures in order to achieve the result anticipated by trading within a context of internal control.
- Jobholder is autonomous in his/her decisions and has the entire responsibility of operational activities.
- Within the framework of customer’s relationships and given the financial and political stakes, the jobholder optimizes the logistic and commercial flows to the Group.
Pre-requisite : Candidate needs to be eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Context and environment
- Fast-paced, dynamic trading environment with time-sensitive, business critical activities requiring strong planning and organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to work with limited direct supervision.
- Handle and resolve potential conflicts between the Group and third parties (terminals, customers, suppliers, trading, and shipping).
- The jobholder can be in continuous demand during nights, weekends and holidays.
- Undergraduate or graduate level degree required with 2 to 5 years professional experience in the field.
- Excellent communicative skills, strong analytical and computer (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) skills
- Rigorous, reactive, team oriented, self starter, commercially minded, receptive to change
Experience level required
3 - 6 years
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.