Argus is a fast-growing B2B media company providing essential information to the energy commodities trading industry.
We are looking for an experienced Excel VBA Data Developer to join our Houston team. You will work closely with the Editorial and Production teams to support and maintain the systems used to generate Argus’ reports and data products.
The development environment centers around Excel, Access, and Oracle. Other technologies are also in use, and there will be opportunities to gain new skills as our team evolves to support new functions.
You will join a growing team in the US with additional analysts in London, Moscow, and Singapore. You will quickly gain an understanding of our business and be able to work independently and as a valued member of the team where you will be expected to contribute suggestions and ideas.
Prior experience of the technologies is essential although no prior experience of the industry is required. You must demonstrate commitment, enthusiasm and a desire to learn. This is an excellent opportunity to learn the pricing and publication processes that are key to the commodities trading industry from a position in the heart of our business.
• Development and support for all data systems
• Client support with queries relating to
• integration of Argus data and metadata into client systems
• data validation
• provision of data
• Data and systems support to Argus’ editorial staff
• Project development
• Metadata management
• Data cleansing and analysis
Required Skills and Experience
• Advanced Excel VBA using MS Excel and MS Access
• Good knowledge of SQL, preferably in Oracle/MySQL
• Ability to work both as part of a Team and autonomously
• Excellent communication skills
Desirable Skills and Experience
• Experience with R, Python
• Any experience working with energy markets and commodities data is highly desirable
• Ability to interact with non-technical people in plain language
• Innovative thinker with good problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
• Numerically proficient
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organization with almost 950 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 21 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centers. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award-winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognizes and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
• Competitive salary
• Group medical, dental and vision plans
• Company-paid long term disability and life insurance plan
• Group 401(k) safe harbor retirement plan with a 6% company match
• 15 vacation days your first year, which increases up to 25 days
• Subsidized gym membership
• Extensive internal and external training