Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Downstream-Americas Products, Latin America Fuels Supply Planner located in Houston , TX Texas / United States through May 7, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 401199
This posting is for a Supply Chain Analyst, otherwise known as AOP (Area Operating Plan) Supply Planner in Houston, TX reporting to the VCO (Value Chain Optimization) CCA Coordinator within Americas Products in Downstream and Chemicals. The Supply Planner position is critical in optimizing the crude-to-customer value chain in Central America and Colombia (CCA) and will work closely with Manufacturing, Product Supply and Trading, Sales, Marketing, Chevron Shipping, Terminal and Operations and the VCO Center of Excellence (COE).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to :
- Develops and manages the Area Operating Plan / Fuels Supply Program for El Salvador, Panama, Honduras, and Guatemala.
- Works with in country Supply Coordinators to ensure reliable and cost effective supply for countries in Central America.
- Works with Product Supply and Trading to optimize supply and vessel program for the Central America system along with 3rd party shipment optimization opportunities.
- Uses understanding of key business drivers to optimize system assets.
- Creates economic models to analyze business opportunities.
- Conducts product selection benchmarking process.
- Monitors supply chain efficiency and performs lookbacks via the business intelligence tools
- Analyzes supply, distribution, and shipping costs to guide strategies in various channels (i.e. retail, commercial, exports, trading).
- Utilizes both standard reports and ad-hoc reporting to provide visibility on business optimization opportunities.
- Responsible for reference pricing analysis and implementation for Chevron affiliates in the area.
- Works to identify and improve supply constraints and economics throughout the supply chain.
- Reviews and updates teams on monthly inventory targets including YE inventory forecasts.
- Gathers and shares market intelligence.
- Conducts/Leads improvement projects focused in Supply Chain.
- Provides various analyses of overall optimization performance.
- Develops contingency plans for business interruptions.
- Initiates or participates in root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of problems.
- Serves as back-up for the US East Supply Planner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Supply Chain Management (or similar).
- 5+ years experience in refining, supply chain / inventory management, logistics, or business analysis.
- 3 + years experience with Lean/Six Sigma, ERP, linear programming, modeling, and decision analysis.
- Experience with overall crude-to-customer value chain optimization. This includes the process of planning and optimizing inventories and movement of products, fuel oil and feedstocks across the supply chain.
- Experience with key value chain processes: net-back economics, LP planning, channel management optimization, product clearance, pricing of all marketing channels, terminal optimization, sales & operations planning, gross margin capture, inventory management, demand forecasting, exposure management and performance management/lookbacks.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish)
- Experience on supply chain optimization. This includes the process of planning and optimizing inventories and movement of products and goods across the supply chain.
- Experience with key value chain processes: net-back economics, LP planning, pricing of all marketing channels, terminal optimization, sales & operations planning, inventory management, demand forecasting, exposure management and performance management/lookbacks.
- APICS Certification.
- Analytical, Data Gathering and Problem Solving Capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate large amounts of data and business information into unique, clear and concise opportunities and action plans. Excellent spreadsheet skills and proven ability with complex analytical tools.
- Prepares communications to support specific recommendation clearly, concisely, verbal & written. Effective at conducting meetings and presenting information/recommendations to ensure understanding while driving alignment and logical conclusion.
- Provides good attention to detail and documentation, able to prioritize and perform activities efficiently with minimal errors and guidance.
- Knowledge of supply chain optimization / logistics / planning.
Relocation will not be considered.
International Considerations :
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions :
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com .