Requisition ID: 60075
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Contributes to the overall success of the Scotiabank Commodities business globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Team of 4 Traders supporting Commodities trading in London, New York, and Hong Kong.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Manage the operational tasks on the Desk including, but not limited to, trade booking, option expiries, index rolls, end of day reporting.
- Automation and improvement of manual desk procedures.
- Support and enhance the Index Pricing platform and Base Metals Derivative infrastructure.
- Provide back-up support to the senior traders on the Base Metals and Commodity Index Desks on pricing and risk management of the Desk books.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Experience & Education:
- Undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or similar
- Experience with Excel VBA required
- Experience with one other programming languages preferred (e.g. Python, Scala, R)
- Fixed Income and/or Commodities Knowledge a plus
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.