Location: Houston, TX, US
Job Role Summary
The Trader will be responsible for developing profitable commercial opportunities out of a large global refinery and logistics footprint. Based at the ExxonMobil Campus in Spring, TX this role requires the development of strong relationships not only internally with trading team members, coordinators at multiple global refineries and chemical plants, analysts and scheduler/operators, but also externally with many trading counterparties, brokers and strategic partners. The applicant should have experience with the U.S. domestic market and clearly comprehend U.S. petroleum logistics and the global fuel oil market. The role requires the ability to create and develop profitable opportunities and to identify and manage the associated trading risks that these opportunities create.
Job Role Responsibilities
• Internally and externally purchasing and selling fuel oil for both internal system use and third party sale on a “for profit basis".
• Monitoring geo, time and blending arbitrage opportunities for fuel oil and fuel oil blend components.
• Utilizing the futures and derivative markets for hedging / price exposure management and optimization.
• Evaluating markets, market trends and communicating with other trading teams domestically and internationally.
• Negotiating term and spot contracts for sales and purchases of feedstocks and blend stocks.
• Ensuring all trading activities are conducted within appropriate authority limits, risk controls and internal trading guidelines.
• Accurate and timely trade capture, position matching, marking and commercial margin calculation / validation.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree combined with a minimum of 5 years of Fuel Oil trading experience.
• Strong logistics and trading knowledge of the domestic U.S. fuel oil market, notably the Gulf Coast and its interplays with international trade flows.
• Experience and expertise in global fuel oil markets.
• Proven ability to develop new business relationships and to capture new opportunities.
• Self-starting team player with the ability to multitask in a dynamic high-pressure team environment.
• Experience with physical trading but also knowledgeable in the use of futures and derivatives.
• Willingness to meet occasional after hours work needs and to travel on an intermittent basis.
• Strong analytical and communication skills.
• Coaching and mentoring experience.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Oil, Refinery, Energy