Location: Houston, TX, US
Job Role Summary
Provide analysis of gasoline and/or NGL markets, trading performance, and risk/derivatives to the Trading Teams and Trading Management to enhance uplift from trading activities.
Job Role Responsibilities
• Key trading commercial resource to drive opportunity identification and capture and risk mitigation/control
• Recommend trading opportunities via arbitrage analysis, tracking of specific commodity movements, import/exports, trade flow analysis, and blending opportunities
• Provide economic analysis for opportunity evaluation and capture learnings from missed opportunities.
• Support derivatives trading and policy with analysis of new and existing usage of derivative instruments.
• Power-user of strategic tools that support trading activities: Data systems, bespoke analytical tools, Reuters Eikon, SAP
• Contribute to special projects, strategy studies, and new market entries.
• Complete analysis and reporting for trading performance. Support annual plan development.
• Liaison between Headquarters and Global Trading Offices
• Support Trading Management on ad-hoc business issues.
• Back-fill for Traders as needed
• BBA, BS in finance, economics, engineering or supply chain
• Interest in supply chain optimization particularly light ends, trading and business strategy
• Ability to forecast and assess impact of business decisions
• Ability to collaborate effectively with multi-national and cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated leadership paired with strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to make recommendations based on analysis
• Experience and knowledge of NGLs, refined products, crude oil and /or natural gas markets
• Experience and knowledge of derivatives, risk evaluation and management techniques, or financial analyses
• Demonstrated experience in effective two-way communication with internal and external customers (oral, written, presentation, listening).
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Strong drive and motivation; strong continuous improvement mindset
• Solid proficiency in the use of computers and Office software (Microsoft Suite of Programs). Use of database programs, Tableau, SAP programs is an asset
• Able to work with diverse group of individuals; effectively manages external relationships
• Promotes productive impact across organizations; seeks value-added improvements in the supply chain
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, Database, SAP, Engineering, Technology