Junior Oil Trader
- Location: Hamburg, Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg, Germany
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
This role would be suited to a junior trader within the Oil and Distillates markets, with good fundamental background across the physical trading markets within the EMEA regions.
An independent energy trading house based in Germany, is currently looking to expand its Oil and Refined Products desk. This role would be suited to a junior trader within the Oil and Distillates markets, with good fundamental background across the physical trading markets within the EMEA regions.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Help develop and manage an Oil and Products trading book covering European, ME and African markets
- Business development tasks and other commercial operations, including planning, implementing and evaluating current and new trading opportunities
- Assist in managing VAR for trading both physical and financial products to produce positive trading margins
- Provide reporting statistics to evaluate and develop further business opportunities
- Ideally 2+ year's experience working within a physical oil trading environment
- Existing relationships within the industry, as well as a successful track record to date
- An understanding of the relevant supply chain pertaining to shipping/trading operations would be advantageous
- Have a strong numerical and economic background
- Good verbal and written communication skills - due to the target market, fluency in English and German is essential
- A degree in economics, business or equivalent qualification
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence high-level decision-makers
If you are interested in the Junior Oil Trader role, apply online today or reach out to the Commodities Team today!