Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Business Improvement (BI) Lead position is responsible for the definition and execution of business improvement projects in support of the Commercial business organization(s). The BI Lead assists the BI Director in formation and execution of the global business improvement plan that aligns with business needs and priorities for specific commercial commodities or functions. This position is also responsible for identification and execution of improvement opportunities to meet the operations needs of the Phillips 66 value chain, and the efficiency and effectiveness of Commercial’s Deals-to-Dollars transaction processing for the commodities or functions supported. The BI Lead provides leadership to various initiatives to build and improve consistency in work processes across regions and functions with global alignment, and proactively manages a diverse project portfolio with multiple timelines, stages, and work streams.
Responsibilities may include:
- Owning business process development, improvement, optimization, and sustainability for the assigned Commercial business or functions
- Developing and executing business improvement plan that aligns with business needs and priorities for assigned Commercial business or functions
- Driving direct improvements in the effectiveness and efficiency of their assigned Commercial businesses by initiating and executing business process improvements projects in alignment with the Commercial business plan and strategy
- Developing and communicating business case economics supporting improvement initiatives or projects. Engage IT counterparts to develop project economics and appropriate plan/schedule to include improvement projects in IT capital budgeting process
- Initiating program proposals and business cases for the advancement of programs within their assigned businesses
- Identifying and promoting best practices globally
- Supporting and promoting the sustainability of project benefits by establishing appropriate business metrics and ownership for process and sub-processes
- Owning front office system functionality enhancement projects
- Building consensus and momentum with global business process owners to advance process improvements
- Communicating project status and performance to stakeholders and ensuring alignment across stakeholders
- Managing a large project portfolio balancing time commitments, deliverables, and strategic vs. tactical priorities
- Providing subject matter expertise in commercial systems, processes, functions, performance tools and interconnectivity to drive business performance improvements
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 or more years of experience in Commercial or a business support function
- Advanced Degree in analytical fields such as Engineering, Finance, Information Technology or Business
- Business aptitude to understand Commercial operations as well as the downstream value chain
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written to ensure common understanding
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and organizing skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Capable of gaining consensus and trust across multiple functional areas within and external to Commercial to build a common vision and direction
- Experience with RightAngle and/or SAP
- Ability to adapt to quickly evolving requirements
- Capable of building high performing empowered teams that demonstrate core values and are committed to success through aligned goals
- Proficient in Microsoft, Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Previous leadership/supervisory experience
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 18, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.