Under thesupervision of the Head of the Commercial Legal Desk, the Legal Counsel’s primary purpose is to provide high quality legal expertise and assistance to our Company.
· Provide legal support to business of the LITASCO Group
· Handle disputes / claims resolution / defense / litigation proceedings of the LITASCO Group, as may be assigned by the Head of Commercial Legal Desk and/or Director of Legal.
· Contract drafting: providing support to contract desk on drafting of trading contract clauses, drafting bespoke and from precedent commercial trading arrangements and agreement for support services ancillary to trading and shipping activities;
· Ensure and promote compliance with applicable laws and international trade sanctions within LITASCO Group, including but not limited to:
· Provide legal support to other support functions of the LITASCO Group
· Participate to various tasks and projects involving the Legal Desk, including but not limited to:
· Ensure that all LITASCO/LUKOIL necessary approvals have been obtained and applicable procedures followed in relation to the above responsibilities
If you have/are:
· Law degree from a Common Law jurisdiction, or a law degree supported by a Master’s Degree in International Trade Law or Maritime Law, or significant legal experience as a lawyer in trading and shipping law generally.
· 1 to 4 years of post-qualification experience in a legal department and at least 1 year in an international Trading environment.
· Good understanding of commodities trading and shipping businesses, including but not limited to front desk issues, litigation/claims, contracts, trade finance, insurance.
· Proficiency and very good working knowledge of English commercial and contract law (or another Common Law system), with sound understanding of international trade & maritime law.
· Ability to be persuasive and relentless in reinforcing the best interests of the company.
· Strong organizational skills and time management / Strong attention to details.
· Excellent English communication skills (fluent/native). Fluency in Russian and/or French is an advantage.
Then we will be pleased to receive your full application on: email@example.com with the reference LCO-EK2211 in the subject of the email.
Please note that paper-based applications will not be considered.