We are currently recruiting on the behalf of our client, a well-known and dynamic trading company based in Geneva, a :
Legal counsel specialist in trading
We offer a permanent contract with an immediate start or as soon as possible.
· Provide legal support to business in the group.
· Handle, defense, disputes, claims resolution, litigation proceedings of the company.
· Contract drafting: providing support to contract desk on drafting of trading contract clauses, drafting bespoke and from precedent commercial trading arrangements and agreement for support services ancillary to trading and shipping activities.
· Ensure and promote compliance with applicable laws and international trade sanctions, raise awareness of key legal issues, participate to the set up and maintenance of a network of external lawyers to ensure compliance with applicable laws, identify and propose solutions to mitigate legal risks, follow-up of changes in applicable laws and international trade sanctions, prepare and issue powers of attorney.
· Participate to various tasks and projects involving the legal desk : legal reviews of companies and offices, use of external lawyers (assess the needs for using external lawyers, maintain external lawyers network, negotiate and control fees, conduct legal tenders), as and when required, execute legal translations of legal documents and handle legal formalities (notaries, consulates), ad-hoc reporting to management, external auditors and other companies of the group.
· Ensure that all group’s necessary approvals have been obtained and applicable procedures followed in relation to the above responsibilities.
· 2 to 4 years of post-qualification experience in a legal department and at least 1 year in an international trading environment
· Law degree (from a common law jurisdiction, or a law degree supported by a Master’s degree in international trade law or maritime law) or significant legal experience as a lawyer in trading and shipping law generally.
· Good understanding of commodities trading and shipping businesses, including front desk issues, litigation/claims, contracts, trade finance, insurance.
· Proficiency and very good working knowledge of English commercial and contract law (or another common law system), with sound understanding of international trade & maritime law.
· Ability to be persuasive and relentless in reinforcing the best interests of the company.
· Strong organizational skills and time management, strong attention to details.
· Excellent English communication, French or Russian would be an asset (any other language also).
What we offer:
· A very nice opportunity within an international company in permanent contract with a very good package offered
· The possibility to learn a lot of things, processes and to work within a super dynamic team
· A challenging environment to develop your knowledge, skills, responsibilities for your career
· The opportunity to work in a very nice office, close to the lake and all the convenience you could need