Requisition Number 6722
Location: 3773 Richmond Avenue, Houston, Texas, 77046
Position Type: Non Union
Number Open: 1
At Spire, we believe energy exists to help people. To enrich their lives, grow their businesses, advance their communities. It’s a simple idea, but one that’s at the heart of our business. We’re dedicated to understanding our customers’ needs and goals to better serve them today and tomorrow. That’s why we’re always looking for driven, collaborative people to join our team. Because we believe that offering our customers the best service means bringing together the best people.
We value safety, inclusion, and integrity. We connect to people, get the job done, and leave a memory and everything about our culture comes back to one thing: a handshake at the front door. We have 4 essential behaviors that show how the Spire culture comes to life:
Living Spire Behaviors
- We Collaborate: We reach across boundaries to connect with each other and deliver on our promises. We put teamwork first, knowing that our collective energy makes us stronger.
- We Care: We create good memories by treating people how we want to be treated: We are inclusive, respectful and kind. We actively create a caring culture that feels like a handshake at the front door.
- We Advance: We are active learners who never stop looking for ways to innovate and improve ourselves, and our company. We embrace ongoing development and process improvement with passion and tenacity.
- We Have Perspective: We strive to gain additional perspective about Spire’s business and the ever-changing energy industry. We know that every employee plays an important role in Spire’s success, and we give our best to better understand how to help move the company forward.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing general risk support and advice to the Enterprise Risk and Trading teams.
- Delivering timely, rigorous, and accurate reporting and analysis of exposures, risks, costs, gross margin;
- Overseeing daily marking, upload, and maintenance of price and volatility curves;
- Providing constructive challenge to trading team to ensure it is compliant and aligned to company approved risk metrics and policies;
- Developing robust risk and scenario modeling and other analytic tools required to understand and analyze market and portfolio risk;
- Ensuring that the representation of transactions in the systems of record provides a fair picture of the associated risks;
- Providing ad-hoc risk analysis around complex transactions put forward by the business;
- Coordinate and collaborate with Front Office on the risk analysis related to its current portfolio and proposed transactions;
- Assisting the Commodity Risk Manager with developing and documenting risk policies and procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills, self-motivated, and capable of independent achievement.
- Strong business analysis, modeling, and problem solving skills with a technical propensity and strong follow-through.
- Organized and able to manage multiple activities and programs in a timely manner and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficient SQL and VBA with Tableau or comparable reporting tool preferred.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs particularly Excel
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field.
Certificates, licenses, registrations:
- Shared office environment
- Minimal travel
Spire accepts online applications through our career site at jobs.spireenergy.com
Posting requirements: The above posting description is intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.