Plains Midstream Canada (PMC) is engaged in crude oil gathering, transportation and marketing activities within Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Manitoba. Plains is also active in LPG marketing, production and storage in Canada and the U.S. Fueled by our strong management team and dedicated employee base, Plains has sustained strong growth and has aggressive development plans for the future. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
We are looking for high achieving, analytical, creative, entrepreneurial and passionate individuals for our Internship Program(s). Interns at PMC will have the opportunity to dive into real projects from day one, as well as have the opportunity to enroll in one of our multiple in-house learning series to further you’re understanding of the Oil and Gas industry. As an intern, you will be challenged on a daily basis with dynamic and fulfilling work that will allow you to gain invaluable work experience and exposure to Calgary’s leading industry.
Plains Midstream Canada (PMC) has a great opportunity for a highly motivated student to join our Risk and Trade Compliance team for an eight-month term position beginning in September 2019. This is a great opportunity to gain invaluable industry experience to supplement your studies. Look forward to the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment!
- Executing the NGL and crude oil trading contracts within defined authorized time limits;
- Assist in system migration activities;
- Prepare Credit Analysis documentation for the purpose of providing Credit limits to customers;
- Arrange Customs clearance for truck and rail shipments;
- Gathering and Loading Prices into RightAngle;
- Managing OTC Deal Confirmation process;
- Daily Reconciliation between Exchange Traded Broker Cleared transaction and RightAngle;
- Learning Flat Price Exposure process and calculations;
- Liaising with the Commercial Trading group, Finance and external customers; and
- General office duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2nd year students’ enrolled in full-time studies in a post-secondary institution, working towards a business degree;
- Candidates must be able to commit to the full eight month term (September 2019 – May 2020) to be considered for the program;
- Preference will be given to students enrolled in a formal co-op program
- Prior work experience is an asset;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment;
- Demonstrated strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience using SharePoint is an asset;
- Proven flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing business conditions;
- Excellent computer and communication skills and;
- Ability to work well within a team environment and under minimal supervision;
Additional Requirements/Information for Candidates:
- Candidates must be enrolled in full time studies and pursuing an undergraduate degree in business;
- This is a eight-month term position beginning on Sept, 2019;
- Preference will be given to candidates returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term;
- Please indicate in your application the name of the program you are currently enrolled in, your current year of studies and a current transcript;
- This position is based in our downtown Calgary office
Documents to include in when submitting your application (please combine as one PDF file):
- Cover letter (Please indicate clearly on your cover letter if you are available for a 4, 8 or 12-month term starting September 2019)
- Copy of your unofficial transcript (you must include this in order to be considered)
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application online or before June 28, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacte