Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Risk Control Analyst located in Houston , TX Texas / United States through June 18, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 401111
The Risk Control Analyst performs market risk analytics, daily risk reporting, VaR modeling/analytics and correlation analysis for Crude, Products, Liquids, Natural Gas and/or LNG. The Risk Control Analyst will also provide daily measures of performance and limit adherence, as well as enforce a controlled trading environment. This position is co-located with Supply & Trading and operates under the direction of Corporate Treasury to provide commodity risk controls and related independent analysis to Supply & Trading.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Monitor trading activities to ensure compliance with established volumetric and financial authority limits.
- Daily analysis of the trading positions and VaR, on an aggregate portfolio basis down to the trading portfolio level.
- Monitor trading activity daily against established Policy 190D trading authority limits.
- Work with IT and RC regional teams on system and ad-hoc projects driving adoption of digital tools, global alignment, and timely implementations.
- Perform daily VaR analytics, VaR back testing and curve clustering/benchmarking, and correlation analysis to ensure integrity and accuracy in the daily management reporting. Will also provide commentary to highlight the underlying drivers for the daily changes.
- Understanding and experience in VaR modeling/analysis.
- Perform ad hoc analysis of commodity price volatilities, correlations, absolute prices, VaR, and other duties as assigned.
- Act as a steward for trading system data.
- Location of this role is on a fast paced, open concept trading floor.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of Risk Control/Management or Commodity Trading experience.
- Ability to analyze large data sets and provide insightful risk analysis that explains drivers in exposure, P&L, and VaR to Supply & Trading organization.
- Proficient with Excel formulas, pivot table functionality, and trading database applications.
- Ability to validate and relate exposure, P&L, and VaR results to commodity market drivers.
- Ability to work closely with IT on system and digital projects, troubleshooting issues, and drive changes as needed.
- Ability to work closely with S&T trading and trade analysts to provide theory and logic of the risk values presented in the Daily Management Report.
- Provide clear, and logical recommendations in a concise manner, to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Endur/Solarc Right Angle trade system experience.
- Understanding of the underlying fundamentals of S&T's commodity and product flow as it relates to risk concepts, market dynamics and value drivers. This includes physical flow as well as financial hedging.
- Ability to apply this understanding in relation to Chevron risk and trading policies.
- Proficient written and verbal communication is critical.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Must be able to maintain/develop effective relationships with peers, other departments, and functions.
- Ability to synthesize complex topics and present appropriate levels of details to the audience.
- Relocation will not be considered.
- Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
- Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .