Russian Speaking Cereal Grains Trader
Job Reference: RS0468B
Job Title: Russian Speaking Cereal Grains Trader
Product: Softs & Agriculture
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today's volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an International trading house looking to hire a Russian Speaking Cereal Grain Trader to join the Agricultural team in Geneva.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for physical trading of cereal grain products (milling wheat, feed wheat, malting barley, feed barley, sorghum, corn, rice, rye, etc. ) from Black Sea origins into Mediterranean Europe, North Africa, Middle-East, South-East Asia, India and China
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with producers and customers in the international agricultural space, purchasing and selling grain products into Mediterranean Europe, North Africa, Middle-East and SE Asian markets
- Monitor trends and grain market conditions to identify potential business opportunities and keep up to date with market insight, price changes and supply/demand models to increase physical trading opportunities
- Work closely with logistics, operations and supply chain staff to ensure safe shipment and transportation of grain/wheat products
- Reports into the Head of Trading
Key Qualifications / Experience
- At least 3 years' experience trading or merchandising agricultural commodities in the Mediterranean Europe, North Africa, Middle-East and SE Asian markets
- Previous experience sourcing from CIS region (Russia, Ukraine) is a must
- Strong knowledge of international agricultural/grain markets as well as the life cycle of sales contracts and logistics/operations aspect
- Solid understanding of creating and implementing risk management strategies
- Positive proven track record of profitability and building business relationships with grain producers/end users in the MENA/EUR regions
- Candidate must speak fluent Russian and English, any other languages are a bonus (French, Spanish, Mandarin etc.)
- Located in Geneva or happy to relocate - valid Swiss work permit is required
For all positions based in Switzerland, Redstone Commodity Search ltd works with their licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH. All candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
If you match the job description and are keen on applying for this role; please send us a copy of your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application through the Vacancy Form.