At World Fuel Services, our employees are the key to our global success.We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our approximately 5000- strong professional team. Our people thrive in an entrepreneurial and culturally-diverse environment, where innovative thinking, collaboration and efficient execution are highly valued. Our high-performance culture is what allows us to drive sustained growth. Stronger together, we promote an environment where individuals can thrive.
When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 1 upper case letter, 1 number, and 1 special character.
Please note that by submitting an employment application you consent to World Fuel Services processing your information for this role and potentially for future employment opportunities, in accordance with applicable laws. To learn more about how we protect and/or process personal information, please visit the WFS Privacy Center at: https://www.wfscorp.com/en/privacy-center.
Sales Executive/Bunker Trader (Marine Fuel)
Sales Executive/Bunker Trader (Marine Fuel) required by one of the world’s leading suppliers of marine fuel!
The Sales Executive/Bunker Trader (Marine Fuel) will be responsible for dealing with customers purchasing fuel from WFS. This position will be responsible for the development of new customer accounts and/or further penetrating business with existing customers.
World Fuel Services Corporation (NYSE: INT) is 91 on the Fortune 500 list. We provide energy, logistics, and technology solutions to aviation, marine, and land customers and suppliers around the world. Our global team of local professionals delivers innovative products and services at more than 8,000 global locations.
At World Fuel Services, our employees are the key to our global success. We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our approximately 5000 strong professional team.
Core duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage requirements from existing customers
- Proactively develop new business opportunities from existing customers
- Proactively prospect for new business opportunities from new customers – research and analyse client opportunities and develop/implement action plans for attaining the new business
- Analyse and disseminate appropriate market information to identify new business opportunities
- Frequently visit existing and new customers
- Maintain a database of active customer targets and prospects
- Be a reliable point of contact for customer requests and transactions
- Monitor customer use of credit line and credit exposure
- Assist in operational/logistic support where needed. These activities include supplier service, fuel delivery coordination, claims resolution and ensure optimal customer satisfaction.
- The successful candidate is likely to have in excess of three years experience of selling products/services to the shipping industry, preferably marine fuel.
- An understanding of commodity market dynamics.
- A resilient and tenacious character.
- Strong numerical ability and analytical skills are needed in order to interpret market information and competitively price products.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A willingness and desire to solicit for new business opportunities from new and existing customers
- Experience gained as a marine fuel Broker/Trader is highly desirable.
- A clear understanding of derivatives