Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Midstream Scheduler – Olefins & Waterborne Aromatics will act as liaison between Refining, Trading and Marine to manage supply and disposition of refinery olefins and aromatics. This position is responsible for handling aromatic waterborne and olefin pipeline movements with the Lake Charles, Alliance, Wood River, Sweeny, Ponca City and Borger refineries.
Responsibilities may include :
- Work with refinery personnel to forecast supply/demand requirement
- Schedule refinery production and trader executed contracts
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with traders, having frequent conversations concerning inventory position, market opportunities, and market intelligence while identifying operational risks and opportunities
- Work closely with traders, marine and PSX support groups to effectively complete daily tasks
- Schedule movements in Open Link RightAngle accurately and ahead of scheduled movement dates
- Secure paperwork to insure all transactions are documented and accounting is complete for all movements; coordinate with Actualizers, Inventory Accounting and F&PA Analysts to ensure accurate movement capture and financial reporting
- Provide accurate inventory reporting to F&PA for monthly and year end projections.
- Work with inventory and exchange accounting to clear reconciling items each month.
- Resolve outstanding credit issues by working with the credit group to identify items that are causing customer disputes.
- Optimize inventory movements to minimize secondary costs (PTO fees, pump fees, freight ect.)
- Act as a liaison between accounting/billing personnel and traders; aid in the resolution of price discrepancies, contract issues, payment terms, volume differences, etc.
- Verify secondary cost invoices
- Provide vacation relief for other schedulers as needed
- Adapt to changes in the operating environment and remain on call 24 hours/day 365 days/year
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree
- Able to work remotely via cellphone and/or laptop computer 24/7
- Able to work extended and non-standard hours
- 3 or more years of experience scheduling waterborne products
- 2 or more years OpenLink RightAngle experience
- Working knowledge of downstream operations and value drivers
- Understanding of product exchanges
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment that contains a high degree of uncertainty and complex interactions
- Above average written and oral communication skills
- Ability to negotiate
- High level of computer literacy – spreadsheets and miscellaneous software systems
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Team player - collaborative
- Initiative and resourcefulness
- Attention to detail
- Dependable, proactive, sees problems before they emerge
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
We own or lease various assets to provide environmentally safe, strategic and timely delivery and terminaling and storage of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; petroleum product, crude oil and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; marine vessels; railcars and trucks.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 14, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.