Who is Allston Trading?
Founded in 2002 by former CME floor traders, Allston Trading is one of the world's leading electronic trading and market-making firms, providing liquidity in global energy, commodity and financial futures markets. Allston is owned by its current and former employees, a retired founder, and long-term institutional backers Sequoia Capital and Francisco Partners. We are proud of our track record through multiple macro-economic cycles and an ever-evolving landscape of technology, regulation and market structure. We have attracted and retained many of the industry's best and brightest trading, analytical and technology professionals.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also have offices in New York, Houston, and London.
What does this role entail?
As a Senior Futures Trader, you will be responsible for the following:
- Creating trading plans to maximize revenue generation
- Adhering to risk and capital usage limits
- Conforming to compliance and regulatory rules
- Working with management and technology to identify and prioritize technology projects for the team
- Coordinating daily trading operations including:
- Trade desk logistics/operations
- Trade side interruptions
- Budget and trade desk costs
- Other duties as assigned
The best candidates are those that take initiative, have strong problem-solving skills, and employ great attention to detail.
What does it take?
- 3+ years track record of profitable futures trading in a proprietary trading environment
- Proven risk management skills and ability to manage trading within a given set of risk parameters
- Deep understanding and appreciation of regulatory environment
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a culture first, team environment.
- Strong understanding and experience using trading technology
- Ability to interact effectively with management and other team members
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
What are the benefits?
- Quarterly bonus program
- Catered breakfast and lunch daily
- Weekly shoulder massages
- Unlimited vacation and sick
- Paid maternity leave
- Tuition assistance
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(K) matching plan
- Casual dress code
- Company events
- Employee discount program and much more!