The Woodlands, TX - The Senior Natural Gas Scheduler is responsible for providing a variety of support services to Talen Energy Corporation’s wholesale energy business. For natural gas, these services primarily include: scheduling natural gas on the transporting pipeline system, maintaining reports to track gas volume flows, analyzing and monitoring pipeline imbalances, reconciling pipeline invoices, working closely with counterparties to ensure accurate natural gas flows and make-up/pay-back schedules, monitor pipeline bulletin boards for important operational notices and available capacity. EOE M/F/D/V
- Schedule natural gas purchases and sales on applicable systems and validate the path, volume and period of the transaction.
- Gather necessary transportation and dispatch information from counterparties, pipelines and storages as appropriate.
- Review scheduled energy flows to verify same-day and day-ahead position.
- Maintain various systems to ensure accurate gas flows and applicable prices. Monitor pipeline bulletin boards for important notices and available capacity.
- Monitor applicable industry systems for important notices that impact the flow of energy in markets that Talen Energy Corporation has a position.
- Conduct special studies, analysis and research and make suggestions to improve operational efficiencies and contribute to profitability.
- Work closely with power and gas traders to determine accurate positions and create strategies to maximize value of power plants.
- Handle cash trading when applicable.
- Update and maintain pricing data associated with the movement of energy.
- Represent Talen at Industry functions and expand network of professional contacts.
- Maintain daily and monthly imbalance positions.
- Monitor and execute pipeline capacity releases on a daily and monthly basis.
- Financial and accounting settlement support with suppliers, utilities, and pipelines.
- Perform related job duties as assigned.
- Four year college degree OR equivalent, proven experience in energy scheduling.
- 5+ years of extensive scheduling and management
- Cash trading with knowledge of ICE
- Main pipes include Tetco, Transco, Iroquois, KM Tejas, AGT. South TX experience most preferred
- PC proficiency including Microsoft Windows applications (Word, Excel and Access)
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and analytical skills
Number of Openings
1Note: You will have an opportunity to add attachments to your application. Please use this opportunity to upload your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents .