The Structured Trade Finance Officer will work in close collaboration with other teams such as front office, operations and treasury, and will report to the Co-Head of Structured Trade Finance.
Structured Trade Finance Officer (m/w)
Our client is an oil trading company based in Geneva area.
- Arrange the financing of the transactions via bilateral facilities
- Get involved in the follow-up/set-up of the general documentation for bank facilities
- Update and follow-up the company's positions with the banks
- Cover the performance and/or non-payment risks, and manage the counterparty exposure in line with credit policy
- Implement discounting in order to optimize cost and liquidity
- Reconciliation of cash and collateral positions, and ensure reporting of collateral positions to financing banks
- Collateral review: export letters of credit, banks silent covers; insurance... Ensure the company is properly covered by communicating efficiently with operational teams, treasury and banks
- Review, challenge and comment collateral bank positions and borrowing base certificates
- Assist Structured Trade Finance Manager in structuring transactions and daily tasks
- Assist traders in preparing and answering tenders
- Support operations team on potential documentary or trade finance issues
- At least 5 years experience in the finance department of a bank or a Trading company
- Good understanding of operations (inventory monitoring, chartering, blending, refining, pipeline...)
- Strong understanding of hedging and derivatives (futures, swaps, initial/variation margin, clearing, hedge settlement, ISDA...)
- Good appreciation of risk (performance, credit, pricing...)
- Proactive, flexible, reliable, conscientious
- Problem solving skills
- Fluent in English and in French
A permanent position within a dynamic environment.