LOCATION: Denver, Colorado (US-CO)
JOB NUMBER: 28098
Why you should join us:
Are you a marketer who would enjoy collaborating with a close-knit cross-functional team in order to fully optimize our company’s profits while maintaining uninterrupted product supply for our sales business? As the Product Trader for our Suncor Energy U.S.A. team, you will set and execute the strategy of our jet trading operations and out-of-market gas and distillate rail sales.
You will use your expertise to:
- Develop and implement strategies and negotiate contracts that optimize both jet and out of market rail sales profitability
- Be responsible for the scheduling, distribution, inventory management, price verification, balancing supply against demand, as well as coordinating and creating value from various products
- Provide information and analysis to internal partners to aid various contract negotiations
- Provide recommendations for path-forward value creation and create and present new ideas to our supply team
- Provide backup for the Senior Trader, which includes overseeing the daily rack pricing functions, refinery supply of biofuels, commercial agreements with supply partners, and acting as intermediary between our product controls and sales teams
- Execute trading strategies and tactics, incorporating all aspects of risk management (i.e. stop/loss, profit-taking target, risk/reward trade off, credit risk, etc.)
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Two years of related commodity trading/marketing experience
- Experience working with U.S. gasoline, ultra-low-sulfur diesel and jet fuel markets, which includes pricing fundamentals, logistics, regional product quality specifications, etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- The ability to understand how changes in external markets will affect our ability to meet our corporate objectives, and how to adjust supply strategies appropriately
- Thorough knowledge of netback margins and opportunity costs for both existing and potential customers
- The ability to assess opportunities in a logical, timely manner with well thought-out recommendations
- Exceptional people skills in order to be an effective negotiator, while managing long-term business relationships with external customers, suppliers, purchasers, traders and brokers
- Awareness of our competitor’s capabilities, business strategies and supply practices
- A clear understanding of the legal restrictions that are related to pricing and competition
- The ability to effectively present business opportunities to senior management
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- Oil and gas industry experience
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
- You will work out of our Denver Refinery Business Center, located at 5455 Brighton Blvd
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
- You will need to be available all at times, should business circumstances necessitate
- Moderate travel may be required (typically 10-15 trips per year)
Suncor Energy (U.S.A.) Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Suncor Energy Inc., a leading integrated energy company based in Calgary, Canada with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing. Suncor’s downstream business operates four refineries including the Commerce City refinery, the only petroleum refinery in the area and one of the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – do it safely, or don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Colorado’s only refinery - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
We want you to have a job that will fit your life - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs and an annual incentive program
- Work/Life Balance
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- For more information on a career in Denver, click here
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.