CMA CGM, founded by Jacques R. Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping group. Its 509 vessels call more than 420 ports in the world on all 5 continents. In 2018, they carried 20.71 million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units).
Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM enjoys a continuous growth and keeps innovating to offer its customers new maritime, terrestrial, and logistical solutions.
With a presence in 160 countries and through its 755 agencies network, the Group employs more than 37,000 people worldwide, including 2,400 in its headquarters in Marseilles.
This position will be responsible to:
- Provide trade management with market intel to determine pricing strategy and analyze monthly contribution results for assigned commodity
- Coordinate with the equipment team on identified areas of surplus to solicit regular business or spot deals from customers to avoid empty rail billing
- Conduct market and commodity analysis utilizing PIERS data
- Analyze and price export cargo opportunities for specific commodities. Assists with cargo campaign and calling customers for business. This includes both new business and re-evaluating existing contract and tariff rates.
- Performing or coordinating maintenance on service contracts. This entails adding new ports of call and surcharges, removing discontinued lanes, etc. processing contract rate amendments, and correcting rates filed incorrectly. This duty is often performed directly by the Trade analysts rather than by Commercial Support.
- Coordinate and prepare proposals for new customers and contract renewals for existing customers.
- Serve as point of contact and information source for different departments and agencies. Inquiries include but are not limited to general Service info, system (LARA, TERRA, rate base, etc) trouble shooting, container routing decisions, container tracking, customer’s financial disputes / mitigation requests, and requests from Sale for backup / archived information
- Liaise with Head Office for extended free time requests, cargo routing and OCC cost structure discrepancies, special commodity approvals, etc
- Assist customers and Customer Service with regard to service updates, correct routings, new surcharges, and interpreting service contracts. Research customer service related issues and provide backup to internal teams based on these findings.
- Review performance; review customer performance based on historical performance and new opportunities quoted
- Miscellaneous related duties or projects as assigned.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-Motivated and positive in reaching solutions that benefit the customer and the company
- Proven ability to work well within a team
- Accepts responsibility and accountability - results driven
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Applications to include: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Must be availble to work 8:30am - 5:30pm, Monday thru Friday
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Shipping Industry work experience preferably with trade, sales and/or finance management carrier’s experience.
- Internal candidates must have experience in LARA.
CMA CGM (America) LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classification.