At World Fuel Services, our employees are the key to our global success.We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our approximately 5000- strong professional team. Our people thrive in an entrepreneurial and culturally-diverse environment, where innovative thinking, collaboration and efficient execution are highly valued. Our high-performance culture is what allows us to drive sustained growth. Stronger together, we promote an environment where individuals can thrive.
When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 1 upper case letter, 1 number, and 1 special character.
Please note that by submitting an employment application you consent to World Fuel Services processing your information for this role and potentially for future employment opportunities, in accordance with applicable laws. To learn more about how we protect and/or process personal information, please visit the WFS Privacy Center at: https://www.wfscorp.com/en/privacy-center.
Trainee Marine Fuel Trader
Trainee Marine Fuel Trader
required by a leading Fortune 100 company and one of the UK’s leading marine fuel suppliers!
Working closely with the Marine Commercial Manager, The Trainee Marine Fuel Trader will be responsible for dealing with customers purchasing fuel from World Fuel Services, proactively looking to build a pipeline of new business among the marine industry.
The Marine Fuel Sales Executive/Customer Broker will be tasked with building strong business relationships with some of the world’s leading shipping companies.
World Fuel Services Corporation (NYSE: INT) is 91 on the Fortune 500 list. We provide energy, logistics, and technology solutions to aviation, marine, and land customers and suppliers around the world. Our global team of local professionals delivers innovative products and services at more than 8,000 global locations.
At World Fuel Services, our employees are the key to our global success. We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our approximately 5000 strong professional team. Our people thrive in an entrepreneurial and culturally-diverse environment, where innovative thinking, collaboration and efficient execution are highly valued. Our high-performance culture is what allows us to drive sustained growth. Stronger together, we promote an environment where individuals can thrive.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Development of new customer accounts and/or further penetrating business with existing customers.
- Requirement management for existing customers
- Proactively prospect for new business opportunities from new customers – research and analyse client opportunities and develop/implement action plans for attaining the new business
- Analyse and disseminate appropriate market information to identify new business opportunities
- Frequently visit existing and new customers
- Maintain a database of active customer targets and prospects
- Be a reliable point of contact for customer requests and transactions
- Monitor customer use of credit line and credit exposure
- Assist in operational/logistic support where needed (supplier service, fuel delivery coordination, claims resolution and ensure optimal customer satisfaction)
- The desire to initiate a career in marine fuel sales is essential.
- A desire to learn the market dynamics of commodities and shipping
- Strong numerical ability and analytical skills are essential
- Strong written and oral English communication skills are essential, any other language would be an asset
- A willingness and desire to solicit for new business opportunities from new and existing customers is essential
- Attention to detail and time management skills are essential.
- Strong organisational & problem-solving skills are essential.