EDF Trading North America, LLC is part of the EDF Group, a global leader in low-carbon energies.
This role will provide leadership and direction for the retail supply of EDF’s retail business. Plans and secures adequate supplies of energy commodities to meet the organization's needs. Develops pricing curves for retail cost components in conjunction with the trading desks as well as third party suppliers that allows the C&I business to grow margin and ensure we manage risks to achieve booked margin. Coordinate with Sales to ensure we are able to effectively price and manage risk for the products we are selling to customers as well as develop new products that will ensure EDF is able to maintain its position as a leader in the C&I energy space.
- Provide market access, price discovery and transaction execution in approved products for EDF’s internal external clients.
- Create and manage the appropriate retail books that facilitate the products needed for EDF’s customer base. Work with Risk to set the risk tolerances and oversight to ensure we are able to protect the booked margin.
- Work with the pricing team to ensure we are providing appropriate transact able prices for approved tradable products as well as market information to the EDF retail pricing functions, sales persons and customers.
- Optimize portfolio assets and obligations such as Capacity, Ancillary Services, CRR(s), FTR(s), and REC(s).
- Manage forecasted load deviations and exposures in prompt and cash months.
- Work closely with EDFT’s proprietary trading desk to cover position and find the optimal balance that maximizes the value of the total platform.
- Manage the risk associated with a non-standard portfolio while adhering to allocated risk limits.
- Develop and implement the Retail Supply Portfolio strategy that will enable the business to grow profit and customer base.
- Help identify structured opportunities and participate in closing those transactions when necessary.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing team to help guide their efforts to provide opportunities that are aligned with market opportunities.
- Build and maintain databases as necessary.
- Understand and comply with all internal policies as well as those of CFTC, SEC, FERC, and any other regulatory body or exchange.
- Work Closely with Wholesale Trading to identify opportunities to collaborate and leverage the entire value chain for EDF.
- Prepare and present new opportunities to Senior Management.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree required in a business or quantitative field such as math, statistics, IT, quantitative finance or engineering.
- Strong leader with the ability to manage direct reports as well as collaborate effectively across the organization.
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible retail energy experience in deal structuring and interaction with customers across the spectrum from contracting to program compliance.
- Demonstrate ability to consistently produce business results and driving margin while controlling costs through efficiency.
- Proven track record of innovation, creativity and success in structuring profitable deals and managing retail energy P&L.
- Experience with structured finance products and banking mechanisms.
- Analytical skills required for pricing risk assessment and transaction structuring.
- Strong working knowledge of ISO markets, the electric power grid and marketplace.
- High level of proficiency in Excel and working knowledge of VBA and SQL required.
- Skilled at working across multi-disciplinary functions and departments.
- Proficient in collecting, querying, organizing and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and drawing logical conclusions.
Note: EDF is an EEO employer
EDF Trading North America, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EDF participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
EDF is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EDF via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at EDF in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EDF. As a result, no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EDF.